Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Refining the Daily Drill

Since the post wherein I created the Intellectual Engine, I realized that I have several engines to create for the rest of the MVVA categories, which is kind of cool. I like the idea of repetition and mastery  - and "engines" versus plans, allows for that much more.

The Daily Drill is now Values that have broad application to all the categories + a few key things that I need to prevent on a regular basis, like being on time and only pitching things when asked.

Since reading about Complex Adaptive Systems, I am really trying to push for simplicity and flexibility in how I operate. My rigid and somewhat formal approaches in the past created scenarios where I couldn't take advantage of small pockets of time. It also meant that I was continually building and deconstructing, which feels less productive than sticking to some core [time honored] values and refining the habits around those values.

With the values habits well-formed, I'll know how to set realistic plans and execute against them better.

I still have about eight months to reach my goals and even though I keep starting and restarting this process, I am at least getting a lot more organized and focused about how to achieve those goals.




No comments: