Friday, September 09, 2016

Handling Stress

I often think of the last few years as filled with long periods of depression. However, the added cost of that depression, I am now realizing, is heavy stress. I look back at photos from 2012 - 2016 and I have aged quite a bit: more lines in my face, hair loss, and my hair is basically silver (unless I cut it short -which I do). After transitioning into my new role, someone said it looked like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Stressed, isn't something that I thought I needed to proactively guard against, but I have changed my mind. Exercise is critical to alleviating stress and they many, many health issues that come along with it. I wonder, for example, what heart problems I may have sustained...

hitting the gym, exercising at work and choosing a more active lifestyle needs to be a cornerstone of my health.

No comments: